Ep. 404: “I’m Alive And On Fire”

Lividity on Jan 13 2011 at 8:27 am | 16 Comments »

AIR DATE: July 17, 2011

WRITER: Nancy Oliver

DIRECTOR: Michael Lehmann

SYNOPSIS: Alcide helps Sookie hunt for Eric; Marnie searches for guidance to break a spell; Bill discovers a common bond with the Bellefleurs; Jason begs for liberation from Hotshot; Sam penetrates Luna’s inner circle; Arlene sees the writing on the wall; Tommy returns to his roots. (Written by Nancy Oliver; directed by Michael Lehmann.) July 17, 19, 20 and 23

Recap

Casting Calls:

[CAROLINE BELLEFLEUR] In her 70s, Caucasian, formidable, refined, and beautifully dressed, she is Portia’s (Courtney Ford) grandmother who dislikes vampires but warms to Bill’s charm. Guest Star.

[EMMA] Native American / Hispanic, 6 years old to play 5 years old, happy, playful and talkative, she is the daughter of a shifter and a werewolf. Strong Recurring.

[HEAD PRIEST] Male, Hispanic, 40s to 70s, seen in a flashback to 1610, he instigates the burning of a witch at a medieval church, and he clearly takes pleasure in describing the procedure. 3 lines, 1 scene. Actor must speak Spanish.

16 Responses to “Ep. 404: “I’m Alive And On Fire””

1. chrisluvsBill says:

I find it a wonder why all the hispanic characters. Why/how did that happen?

• Charlayne says:

Hispanic characters are in response, mainly, to the Jesus storyline.

• pippi says:

It’s about time there are more positive roles for Hispanics rathere than the gangster, thief, drug dealer, etc. Hats off to Mr Ball(s)!!!

2. Northwoman says:

Bill is definitely dating Portia. Why else would Caroline need to warm to him?

• SeritaYvonne says:

It has to. I don’t know how the writers could leave out a part like that. (don’t want to spoil anything for anyone). What Bill does for the Bellefleurs….

3. kimberly says:

i am a fan of the book and of the show. i just want to know if it going to come out that Bill and the Bellefleur are relatives.

4. Dana says:

Bill dating Portia? Yuck…. he is her great great great grandfather. I love the show, but incest is just too much.

• Lividity says:

Would you even know if you were dating someone that was related to you 3 generations ago?

I swear, I don’t see how this is freaky to people. You want incest? Go watch Game of Thrones, there’s where you’ll find the oogy incest.

5. Emma says:

My names Emma! Too bad i’m not a 5 yr old :(

6. Eve says:

I don’t understand why they just can’t stick to the books I’ve read all of them and they are so much better than the show. I hope they put Quinn the tiger in the show..

7. dana says:

Game of Thrones takes place in an more ancient time when incest was acceptable in royal families. There are plenty of pretty girls for Bill to play with, Mr. Ball doesn’t have to put him with his relative.

8. keysellyn says:

the show and the books are on equal standing. the books are only sookies point of view / reality. Bill is in for a rude awakening! lol maybe the ploy here is that bill proposes to do no wrong , even advises jessica on how to handle her affairs, remembering how his own advice has slapped him in the face, and inadvertently he does immoral things and how is this dealt with . that maybe ties into his feelings of humanity and regaining his soul.or they may not address this issue at all in the alan ball story lines . the spanish is brought in for the inquisition during which eric was present and tying in the jesus line ancestory too maybe. marnie only channels spirits that are in close connection to the people around her. it could be antonia was a scorned lover of Erics? and an ancestor to jesus? remember they brought in the inquisition early into first / second season with the magister

9. lulu says:

Did anyone notice the book sookie read at the table was Charlaine Harris, while she waited for Eric.

10. chrissy says:

Hey i noticed the book sookie read as well. I kept checking back to make sure. That was a stroke of pure genius, how amazing is this show its just fangtasmagorical………..

11. Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Therefore let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! “Dreams are real while they last. Can we say more of life” by Henry Havelock Ellis.

12. spy software says:

That was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked to submit it my comment didn’t appear. Anyhow, just wanted to say superb website. Appreciate the info. ))