True Blood (Anna Paquin & Chris Meloni) TV Guide Covers & Video

By jody on May 21 2012 | 61 Comments »

True Blood TVG cover 2012 Sookie Roman2 Th videos spoilers sookie stackhouse season 5 roman publications cover chris meloni anna paquin 0512 0Th1 videos spoilers sookie stackhouse season 5 roman publications cover chris meloni anna paquin

I found a very nice surprise in my mailbox today, Anna Paquin & Chris Meloni on the cover of TV Guide Magazine! They are on the magazine’s Summer Preview (issue dated May 28–June 3, 2012).

Lots of True Blood spoilers here, so only read if you want to know! Let us know what you think in the comments below.

TVG Anna 620x229 videos spoilers sookie stackhouse season 5 roman publications cover chris meloni anna paquin

New photos are from TV Guide Magazine’s Facebook page.

Double-click each thumbnail & cover to read the scans.

0512 14Th 100x134 videos spoilers sookie stackhouse season 5 roman publications cover chris meloni anna paquin 0512 15Th 100x134 videos spoilers sookie stackhouse season 5 roman publications cover chris meloni anna paquin 0512 16Th 100x134 videos spoilers sookie stackhouse season 5 roman publications cover chris meloni anna paquin 0512 17Th 100x134 videos spoilers sookie stackhouse season 5 roman publications cover chris meloni anna paquin 0512 18Th 100x134 videos spoilers sookie stackhouse season 5 roman publications cover chris meloni anna paquin

Updated with video from TV Guide:

Tags: , , , , ,

61 Responses to “True Blood (Anna Paquin & Chris Meloni) TV Guide Covers & Video”

1. Carona says:

I loving this already . Roman on the cover he look hot . Sookie looks excellent as well . Chris & Anna really hot cover . Season 5 bring it on .

2. amyishot4bill says:

Oh boy!!! I think this season is gonna ROCK!!! I feel like the article did give more away then I thought it would….now only if I interpreted it correctly….hmmmm

3. toni says:

those pics are so photoshopped there’s no phoot left. Thanks!

I know! I don’t think it’s a ve4ry good photo. bleah, but the article? WoW! Talk about spoilers!

4. peecan says:

I’m glad the article gave so much away. It confirms what I’ve believed after anxiously waiting from season 2 on to see the Eric/Sookie arc begin. This is really Bill’s story, not Sookie’s. “Everybody loves Bill” would be a great subtitle. I for one am not interested in seeing how now Eric will be Bill’s new love interest, and hope to goodness we don’t have to see too much fawning and drooling from Eric. I had hopes that even though they have finally admitted to leaving the books in the dust that it would at least be something I could get back into. Poor Eric’s been neutered, Pam/Eric appear to have been torn apart, Sookie’s looking at Alcide (who will likely fall in love with Bill himself soon) and sounds like the delightfully twisted Russell will have to tone it down so as not to upstage the “king”. I’m interested in Meloni’s character but think he, too will eventually be outsmarted, overpowered and outmaneuvered by Bill in the end. Please…….make me be wrong!!!!

• Amyishot4bill says:

Peecan u r cracking me up. Now i know why I love bill so much lol.

• Leif says:

LOL Peecan!

• Comptonian says:

You must’ve received top marks in creative reading.

• peecan says:

Thanks but the award goes to Allen Ball for his take on Sookie and all the other characters from his reading of the source material. I did re-read the article just to be sure that my tongue belonged in my cheek where I meant it to be. The second, careful reading reminded me of a circus barker hawking tempting lookers to his tent. I actually missed one person in my list of Bill’s thralls…Salome! Of course a truly ancient temptress would be hot for that darn Bill, ignoring the 1000 year old Viking hunk of burning love giving him piggy back rides (a truly telling photo by the way). Now before everyone gets all hot and bothered, laugh! I plan to.

• Laffyneric says:

Will said Peecan. …..

Peecan…Hang in there! These kind of articles are usually just full of crap. And if it isn’t, well then we can just laugh can’t we. Because we know the real truth of the SVM and no amount of wishful thinking by AB and Company is going to change that.

And as far as Eric carrying Bill….well that is very apropo is it not?? :)

• Lisa says:

Funny cause to me it looks like Steve and Alex goofing off being buds togther, not uptight and whiney like certain group of fans act.

well we aren’t talking about Alex and Steve are we? Alex and Steve can be the best buds ever but we are talking about Eric and Bill, who are fictional characters. And I am pretty sure the “piggyback” is part of the filming.

• Isabella05 says:

Agreed. They are actually the best of pals, I think it is great!
              I really look forward to their scenes. :D

• AnotherOSM says:

Peecan I freaking LOVE your posts!

• sheldon says:

Peecan, you nailed it hun

• iamtrue2bill says:

Yes, peecan, TB’s Bill Compton is the vampire that embodies a higher calling, a search for humanity, a commitment to make things better for his kind. Bill Compton makes mistakes, but always strives to protect those he loves, making amends for past transgressions.

Bill Compton is a complex character. He is a vampire, who is deadly, secretive, and deceptively reasonable, as well as compassionate and idealistic. He may find he must deny his principles in order to accomplish what is necessary.

Eric is a vampire who is very old, powerful, and egocentric. Exactly what he’s had to be to survive for 10 centuries. Now, in this new age, he may need to change to some degree, and learn that cooperation and mutual respect are useful qualities and not to be disdained, as he has done in the past.

Eric is a character in flux. He is an old dog learning new tricks. He is adapting to a new reality.
      He may find that he needs more than age and experience to endure ; he may need to commit to something more than himself.

Two very different vampires who have never liked each other, having to cooperate and depend on each other for survival – and whose teaming up may lead to a partnership that works for them, and their kind.

This is great story telling – and I am going to enjoy the ride. I hope you do too.

5. Margaux says:

Lol Peecan!!

6. Lisa says:

I’m thinking this cray cray should put down the Meth pipe NOW!

• Nina says:

She is giving her opinion. That doesn’t mean she is “crazy” or a “drug addict”. Shame on you Lisa! Attacking a person over a fictional character.

7. Lisa says:

So sorry guess sometimes I can be nuttier than a Pecan!

8. Laffyneric says:

Gees…..I have put up with Sookie’s amnesia and her apology, the cringe worthy threesome, the Narnia type trip dream and now they are having the mendacious Mr.C and the Viking getting closer? Talk about compensating. This is so nauseating.imo ugh

9. hdgcat says:

Typical…we finally get a lot of SERIOUS vampire action that we’ve all been begging for and people are complaining already.

Alex and Stephen have the best chemistry on the show BY FAR. I’ve spent the last four seaons patiently sitting through entire eppys waiting for these two to be in a scene together. I am esctatic about this plotline, because they’ll make an awesome team.

Also, since some of you seem to have forgotten, just because Eric is nice for now…doesn’t mean he’s not playing a game or plotting for later does it? Eric is perfectly capable of kissing butt and smiling for the camera to get what he wants, while going behind another vampire’s back. And Bill doesn’t forget that…usually.

Who is playing who indeed.

hdgcat I totally have it in my head that Eric is playing Bill in some way much like he did with Russell. Too many things have been said that lead that way. His ‘friends in high places’, Nan’s insinuation that Eric knew about the group that were anti AVL and/or the Authority. And now we are getting Eric’s sister who is a double agent? There is something there that Eric wants to know alright. And I would be disappointed if this was a real bromance myself.

But then, as you know, the writers do throw out clues that that get dropped or go nowhere, so who knows? That may never get mentioned again. ..lol. I thought season 4 was especially bad in that regard.

• iamtrue2bill says:

IMO, Eric does not have to PLAY Bill in order to have a hidden agenda, and vice versa.

I think our 2 fave vampires may actually develop a more mature, cooperative, and beneficial relationship without playing each other, or getting one over on the other, as in past episodes.

That is not to say they’ll go to night ball games together, or “join a book club.”

It would be a sign of real maturity if they could concentrate their efforts on real enemies, and develop a modicum of respect and loyalty for each other.

At the end of the day, they have similar parallel outlooks and goals. They have a conflict over a woman, but in the grand scheme of things that is their immortal lifetime, what does she matter?

As you stated, there are other vampires out there much more dangerous and learning to utilize each other’s strengths would be the pragmatic thing to do.

well they say keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. But I don’t see that they do have the same outlook and goals. Sure they will have to both work to keep themselves from being ended by the authority, but other than that I don’t see it.

Bill is greedy and wants power and will do anything to get it. I don’t see Eric that way at all. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that Eric does have power from a higher authority, but has so far not chosen to use it.

• bushpiglet says:

Amen.

• Laffyneric says:

Hgcat kudos for you liking a vampich sandwich, am one person who don’t. That’s just me.

• amyishot4bill says:

A sandwich would be fine with me also, but I think it is more Bill and Eric’s chemistry that is fun to watch. They are good together. Whether it be frenemies or whatever, their scenes together make good television. They keep it interesting. And I have no doubt in my mind that they are playing each other…..but lets enjoy it while it lasts!!!

10. april says:

So you notice they said that this is ab last season with the show bout instead of saying series finale in reguards to season 5 ending they say the season finale so does this mean the show will continue without alan ball

• krtmd says:

The show may or may not go on. At this time, it has not yet been renewed for a 6th season on HBO, but that’s not unusual. It’s usually announced several weeks into the current season – and I would expect a lot is riding on S5 ratings.

11. april says:

please say it does mean that the show will continue without alan ball cause we all love true blood and I don’t think they can rap up everyones characters in just one season. I will say that I am not happy at all about the bromance between Bill and Eric, like really are they really gonna feed that to us and let me guess when they don’t work out one hurt one gonna hook up with Lafayette whom I absolutely love by the way and really felt for him when they killed off Jesus last season so please give him a good season. But most of all it was no secret Tara was gonna be turned but the question was who would be the one to turn her , never in a million years woulda I have thought Pam so that oughta be interesting especially since Pam and Tara have that hate relationship thing going on…

12. laputain says:

Good article, I loves me some spoilers. Oh and thanks for the unintentional LOLZ, enraged Eric fans above. Still hilarious after 5 seasons. I’m sure the delightful Mr Skarsgard does not give two f*cks about your thwarted vision for the show and is enjoying himself thoroughly. As is most of the audience.

• Semiramis27 says:

Couldn’t have said it better myself, laputain, and I love your nom de plume, btw. chill out y’all, and if you don’t like the show, why are you watching it, I wonder. So excited for Season 5!!!

• Laffyneric says:

Thwarted vision…lol you are funny. Seems like no one can state their opinions here without being jumped. Nothing is above critter ism y’all.

• iamtrue2bill says:

IMO, laffyneric, no one is slamming anyone here.
        It’s just gotten boring reading the same comments over and over, season after season, by a particular group of fans who are never, never happy with how a particular character is written.
        And we have a right to say how boring it is.

The character IS how the character is written. This is the TV show. The writers of the series CREATE the character’s arcs. The characters are not the book characters, even if there was a resemblance in the beginning of the series.

As a Truebie, I love both our main vampire characters, their progeny, and their storylines. Bill and Eric are very different, yet very smart, wily, daring, and dangerous vampires, and their ‘bromance’ will be so much fun to watch.

One does not have to WIN out over the other. Their relationship can move from the contentious to the cooperative and the mutually beneficial, without becoming static. Let’s see how it goes, and have fun!

• Laffyneric says:

Yes your opinion…..I am so over the triangle since there really wasn’t one to begin with. Do I like Eric/Bill acting like bff’s , NO, that’s jmo. To me they are more vampiric when they are snarky and predatorial… am I ridiculing any one who does like it? nO, since that’s their preference. I watch TB because of the books and vampires. I f I like or dislike something about TB I should be free to say so.

• Isabella05 says:

Yes! I am just going to enjoy the ride…and ALL the characters.

13. Harpyie.Selena says:

I think Bill and Eric teaming up is nothing more than a neccessity, they have a common goal (for now). That doesn’t mean they’ll get involved romantically. I’m pretty sure Eric will still be bad enough, let’s wait and see, what I’ve read sounds promising.

• cr says:

Oh, I don’t think an actual bill/eric romance will ever happen, I don’t think even that’s even crossed the TB writer’s minds. What I’m looking for is not so much a bromance but a wonderfully snarky and snappy frenemy relationship.

And more focus on the vamps.

And less photoshopping by TV Guide’s photo editors.

• iamtrue2bill says:

TV Guide’s covers are always, always photoshopped to the max. You can hardly call their covers photo shoots, they’re more like digital creations, using a photo as the skeleton of the picture. They are the prize winners in photoshopping – LOL!

14. Sabrina says:

I don’t care if Bill is every fricken character’s love interest…as long as the best supes on the shows, the Vampires, are the central characters, and there are no stupid side-stories about dollies or mousy witches being possessed by 400 year old necromancers or faerie land. I know the faeries are going to show up, but I hope its not in some random way. Season 4 was a random sloshing together of a bunch of stuff that never actually had reasons for it that had any closure in the season – uh, Hotshot anyone? I say vampires should be the main storyline – like season 1 where we started learning about them. I just hope there are some really good flashbacks, I mean besides Pam’s turning.

15. Liz86000 says:

I love the bromance!

16. fangirl says:

I would agree with that. I am SO hoping that S5 lives up to it’s promise and is all about the vampires and their story. That’s the basis of this show IMO whether you are bookies or show people – the coming out of the vampires due to True Blood. We’ve had to suffer thru the maenad who would not leave, boring werewolf plot lines, fights about Bill vs Eric — way too much distracting bullS**t. Now we are hearing about the hierarchy, the real structure of the vampire world, the civil war between those who who want mainstreaming and those who do not; the human’s reaction…….. some of this stuff sounds very intriguing and could make for a fascinating story & a really incredible season. Find myself feeling more excited about the show than ever. And it has nothing to do with Eric vs Bill vs who is doing Sookie today. It’s AB and the writers at their best weaving a good story.

• iamtrue2bill says:

I like what you said, fangirl.
      I may be a BC fan, but this obsession with the Eric vs Bill and who boffs Sookie has gotten boring.
      These are great vampire characters, and they have interesting and complex arcs.

Adding all these other vampire characters this season is the best news ever! I love the idea of the Authority, the political games, upheaval, and power plays. It sounds so exciting.

And I love our two main vamps teaming up for once, with a purpose other than fairy v-j-j!

If only more ‘fans’ would get off the “Slamming TB” train and enjoy the show!

Exactly, the show is moving on and that’s always a good thing. I liked how Stephen put it…that it was nice to be playing the characters without them “b*tchslapping” each other. LOL!

And honestly, E/B having to work together becuase they have to, just makes it more fun….

I’ve always been one of those who stated they didn’t dislike each other as much as even they realized. There have been too many hints here and there that they have complimentary temperaments and could get along in the right circumstances.

17. peecan says:

Say hi from me on tumbler :) Some last thoughts from me before I head out to get my teasers/spoilers/news from friendlier places from now on:
    Some definitions for you from Merriam Webster.com:
    Tongue in Cheek- “with insincerity, irony, or whimsical exaggeration”
    Humor- “the quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous”
    Satire- “trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly”
    I attempted to get a definition of fictional character but it didn’t put it together for a simple definition. I think most people understand the difference between fictional characters and the real people that play them, right? Finally a quote from (fictional character) The Joker….”Why so serious?”

18. Sabrina says:

I just want some good or mean spirited snark between Eric and Bill. They are great on screen together – the characters and the way the actors create them. Sometimes what those two say with their eyes speak volumes more than some actors can.

19. Sabrina says:

I couldn’t find a thread about this, but last night HBO Canada aired a promo for a “deconstructing season 4″ special this Sunday just before TB. Might be interesting anyway.

20. Rina says:

All I can say is that I can’t wait for S5. Bring on whatever will happen.

21. Minxy says:

All I want to say is, I can’t wait for S5! I’m looking forward to it. It’s been a 9 month wait like being pregnant & saying, “get this kid out of me!” we just want the baby to arrive already! Lol I do agree with the fact that I would love for this to go back to the roots, a vampire story! Tis the title, TrueBlood! Enough of the bullsh*t! Give me more blood sucking, turning humans, vampires!!! <3

22. Patsy says:

I am so looking forward to season 5. I really think it is going to be the best yet!