New Vampire Cast on True Blood

By jody on Jan 18 2012 | 14 Comments »

Christopher Heyerdahl spoilers season 5 dieter braun christopher heyerdahl casting call Deadline is reporting that Christopher Heyerdahl will be playing an ancient vampire on True Blood this season in a recurring role.

Christopher Heyerdahl, who plays an ancient vampire in the Twilight Saga movies, will now play one in another screen adaptation of a popular book series — this time on TV. Heyerdahl is joining HBO’s hit vampire drama True Blood in a recurring role. He will portray Dieter Braun, an ancient, powerful vampire who plays a large part in the intelligence of the Authority and especially enjoys enhanced interrogation. That is familiar territory for Sanctuary alum Heyerdahl, who played the ancient Volturi vampire Marcus in three of the Twilight movies: New Moon, Breaking Dawn Part 1 and the upcoming Part 2 (photo on left). Additionally, he played a demon in an arc on the CW’s Supernatural. Heyerdahl, repped by Open Entertainment’s Lesa Kirk, currently co-stars on the AMC drama series Hell On Wheels playing Norwegian badass The Swede. The period Western was recently renewed for a second season.

source

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “New Vampire Cast on True Blood”

1. Jacqueline says:

He looks so different in that picture. I would’ve never guessed it was the same guy that played Marcus. I’ve always liked Marcus in the books and the movies. So glad he’s coming To True Blood. He obviously doesn’t share the same views as Mr. Rob Pattinson :P lol. He seems okay with playing two different kinds of vampires and sharing himself in the vampire genre. xD. Too bad I won’t have HBO by time Season 5 airs. :(

2. trixie says:

oh I really like him! Lots of awesome actors this year, shame the cast is so bloated that we won’t get to see much of anyone. Still, better one more vampire than another werewolf or Terry’s aunt or whatever lol!

3. Paula says:

Christopher is Biggie and John in Sanctuary and played Todd the Wraith in Star Gate Atlantis. He has a gorgeous voice and I look forward to seeing him on True Blood! I have met him, too! a really nice guy! Will make waiting for S5 even sweeter, knowing Christopher will be on the show!

I can’t believe “”The Swede” from Hell on Wheels is going to be on TB! Every Sunday night when I watch him, I always wonder what ASkars would think of that nordic accent that the Swede puts on. Now maybe I will find out!

Really, this guy is compelling to watch and am sure will add to TB, but then again…so many characters…so little time.

5. hdgcat says:

okay, more VAMPIRE characters…I’m okay with that. I don’t even recognize this guy from the Twilight films…..

6. Laffyneric says:

Sounds promising, all these new vamps ,hopefully I will get to see vamps in action unlike what have been shown as of late. He looks so different, hmm the power of makeup and it’s transformation.”rubs hands with anticipation”

7. AphroditeMF says:

I’m surprised – I assumed Chris Meloni would be playing the role of Dieter. I guess this means that Meloni is playing another vamp, whom we haven’t seen a casting call for?

• Rina says:

Ya, most likely if AB already pegged Chris Meloni for the role, he didn’t post the casting call. I still think he will be either the head of the Authority or another King trying to take over LA. I mean Bill must have been dethroned when the Authority put out a death warrant for him. I sincerely hope TB is not following the Charles Twining story from Book 5. I just don’t see Meloni as a pirate with an eyepatch and a parrot. It would be so much more interesting to explore Salome as Franklin Mott’s crazy maker.

• AphroditeMF says:

Oh my gosh, Charles Twining!! You could be on to something there actually. I mean, Franklin, Russell, Talbot, Sophie-Anne, Tara etc. are all so radically different in the show that it wouldn’t surprise me if they used Charles’s name, without having him dressed as a pirate and saying “gargghhh” and stuff. Maybe an eyepatch though, haha!

• Rina says:

I don’t know. Meloni doesn’t look like a Charles Twining to me. That’s a very English name. I would picture this character to speak with a British accent. I see no point in having this character on the show since Bill killed Longshadow and was harshly punished for it. But I can totally picture Meloni as Victor Madden–charming yet treacherous and a snappy dresser.

8. Lividity says:

Enhanced interrogation eh? I wonder which of our vampire heartthrobs will be at the mercy of this vamp?

I don’t remember seeing this guy in the Twilight stuff. Maybe he looked different or maybe I wasn’t paying good enough attention. Either way, more vampires = good IMO. I’m also hoping he really is Terry’s “aunt” Dieter ;)

• AphroditeMF says:

I totally don’t remember him from the Twilight movies either! Perhaps I was too distracted by Michael Sheen to notice him?

He is apparently able to completely disguise himself with the make up. I have been watching him every Sunday night and I would have never recognized from that picture you have posted as being “The Swede.” He looks completely different in his roles and not in a good way..lol.

But a good actor from what I have seen from him.

9. Rina says:

I only recognize him from Sanctuary, and he is completely different and totally believable in the roles of Bigfoot and John. He can do creepy really well, so I can believe that he will be an effective interrogator of vamps.