By jody on Jul 20 2011 | 79 Comments »
404 Alcide Eric Sookie videos sookie stackhouse season 4 joe manganiello true blood cast fangirls speak out eric northman ep 04 untitled anna paquin alexander skarsgard alcide hervaux

So this wasn't the sandwich we were expecting, but it was pretty frigging fantastic

Here is it Wednesday, and I’m still hearing talk about the water scene from Sunday’s night episode of True Blood where Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) frolics in the sun and water while Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Alcide (Joe Manganiello) try to rescue him from the inevitable vampire sunburn. I’ve lost track of how many times I watched this scene – I still cannot get enough of it.

The scene had it all: incredibly hot bodies (Alex, Joe & you too Anna); funny moments (“no, I’ll kill all the sea monsters!”, Eric and Alcide growling at each other), sweet moments (“I am Ægir, god of the sea, and you are Rán, my sea goddess”), sad moments (Eric being dragged out of the water by caretaker Sookie (“I don’t want to go back to the dark…I…I…” as he looks back at the water). This could possibly be my favorite True Blood scene ever, so it got me to thinking, is this the best (or at least one of your favorite scenes) too?

My original favorite scene is the Eric/Sookie bullet sucking scene from Season 2 (that episode was also written by Nancy Oliver.) If this isn’t your favorite, which True Blood scene is?

Watch the scene again and weigh in:

Also, watch this video to hear what Joe Manganiello says about shooting this scene on Valentine’s Day with Anna and Alex:

Get More: Movie Trailers, Movies Blog

79 Responses to “Fangirls Speak Out: Eric, Sookie & Alcide at the Lake: Best True Blood Scene Ever?”

1. Lena says:

I’d say if not the best scene ever, it’s in the top three.

• Kristytattoo says:

im lovin everything about true blood, its a show that is fresh, and u can get hooked on so easy, i love alot of the werewolf scenes, and tara and franklin- how she reacts to his obsession

2. Liz79 says:

1. Bill and Jessica’s reunion 2. The first time Sookie and Bill ahem do the deed 3. The Tribunal 4. Bill and Eric at Forever 21 or a similar type shop when Eric asks Bill if he likes his new look and Bill says “yes. Very much.”

• Belle says:

I agree Liz that Bill and Sookies first time together, from her running to him, his feeling her, then running to each other, the kiss and his picking her up and carrying her to the fireplace and everything else that happened after, plus all of this to Nathan Barrs incredible score………..This was powerful and beautiful at the same time. It said everything about their relationship and their special connection.

THAT WAS MY BEST SCENE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This lake scene was just cute, nothing more.

3. Lividity says:

Terry B’s 2 pronged penis scene & Andy’s PIIIIIIG!

Also, mash together the whole scene where Longshadow dies and you’ve got my favorite. OMG wait, that Forever 21 scene really ranks high too, thanks Liz79!

Bullshit! God Has Horns!

This is totally nice though, loved it.

PS: No crocodiles in LA. Just sayin’.

4. Jody says:

I have to say if this scene was shot in the pond in the Warner Brothers Lot – it is a good thing I didn’t know it when I was on the WB tour because there is a good chance I would have hopped out of our tour bus and bellyflopped into that pond. :)

All of my favorite scenes aren’t Eric-related. I truly love the scene in Season 1 between Gran, Jason, Tara, Bill & Sookie in their living room. Jason acts like such an ass and Gran puts him in his place. Loved it!

5. TeamSookie says:

What made it even more sad was that Eric was saying “I want us. I want us”

It was pretty funny, loved the entire scene. Definitely one of my top 5 best moments.

6. Lividity says:

Is there like a law saying we’re not allowed to see the bottom of Alcide’s arse? WTF?

7. Avery says:

This scene had me LOL so many times! Definitely in my top five!!

8. TB Fan says:

Loved it. Especially loved that Eric had no problem with Sookie standing next to a wolf….but went ballistic when it morphed into Alcide :). Loved the male posturing and Sookie reprimanding them both.

Other favorite scenes — Lafayette and the “hamburger with AIDS, ” and almost anything with Pam, but especially the “Blah, blah, vampire emergency blah” which was part of the E/S finally smooching scene :)

• sven says:

I agree that was awesoem when eric was unaware of the wolf but when it was Alcide he freaked out. Godric and Erics flash backs have to be some of my favorite seens and this one is def up there.

• DDR says:

Oh ya, I LOL’ed so hard, when he screamed ‘YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER’. This scene was a legend. But my most favourite scene is still the one in my avatar when the grief-stricken Eric and the bullet sucking scene.

9. AmyK says:

Well since my 2 favorite guys are naked as the day they were born, I guess it has to be my favorite!

10. LinA says:

My favorite scene will always be the last scene in season one, episode 1, when Bill says “Sookie”-that one got me hooked on this show.
    Second favorite was in season two when Godric met the sun with Sookie on the roof with him, and the lead in to the next episode where Eric was being comforted by Sookie.
    Third favorite was in the third season when Bill attacked Sookie in Alcide’s truck. Also the flying Eric fantasy scene was pretty good too.
    Eric, Alcide and Sookie at the lake is number 4 so far…

11. LaLa says:

This scene has just became one of my favorites. The other 2 have to be where Jessica first becomes a vampire and she’s trying to think of cuss words that she can finally say and the “you suck” line. I also really like the scene where Sookie and Eric are in the FOTS church in season 2 where she asks about Godric and then after when he’s pretending to be human.

12. Leif says:

All the E/S scenes are my favorite.

The slap in Eric’s office.
    The FotS scenes.
    The rooftop.
    The dreams.
    And of course this scene was right up there too. Loved it.

The TB reviews have been really positive this season so far, and the ratings are up. Most excellent.

• Lizzie1701 says:

Yes. There are lots of good storylines this season. I think the witch storyline is a winner. Fiona Shaw is a winner!

13. Snuffles says:

This scene is definitely ranked way way up there in my favorites list. It still doesn’t topple my favorite scene ever though and that is the rooftop scene with Godric, Eric, and Sookie.

• Leif says:

Both Alan Ball and Charlaine Harris when asked, said the rooftop scene with E/S/G were their favorite scenes too. :)

• Lizzie1701 says:

In the Commentary, AB says he liked the rooftop scene with Godric – he did not mention Eric.

• Snuffles says:

That is totally awesome Leif! I love knowing that. Thanks. :)

Elora…precisely. :D

And hdgcat…I still cry every time I watch that scene…every time! Lol. It was brilliant.

THat scene is awesome because all the elements were perfect. The actors, the lines, the lighting , the music the way it was edited and paced…all good! I defy anyone to watch that scene and not be moved.

I can’t really pick a top scene, I could probably do a top ten or something…this lake scene might make it , it has so many fun elements together.

Did anyone get the imporession that Alex was having TOO much fun yelling in Swedish?? LOL!

Well, it is certainly my favorite funny scene, you are right Jody, it does have EVERYTHING. I keep watching it also. Clearly the best of the night.

My favorite serious scene would be Eric on the rooftop with Godric. That scene took my breath away and made me an Eric fan forever.

15. Millarca says:

This scene ranks up there with the rooftop scene in Dallas, with Eric & Godric & Sookie, as one of my favourite scenes from the series.

16. Comptonian says:

The lake scene was funny but it doesn’t feel like True Blood to me. Too much daylight.
    One of the very best is where Sookie and Bill say goodbye and she watches him go through the trap door into his sleeping place. You really had the sense that it was sinking in that this was not a regular guy, more so even than the first bite. It was beautiful and touching and felt strange in a good way.

17. Dreamlacer says:

My top 5:
    1. Season 2 – Rooftop scene with Eric/Godric/Sookie
    2. Season 2 – Eric tearing apart the redneck then asking Lafayette about his hair
    3. Season 2 – Sookie’s dream about Eric
    4. Season 3 – Any scene with Eric in the blue sweater
    5. Season 4 – Lake scene with Eric/Alcide/Sookie
    Honorable Mention – Season 4 – Eric/Talbot sex scene “Yes, daddy” :)

18. Acanthus says:

Best True Blood scene, , destined to be an all-time classic TV moment: Russell’s spine-rip, ghoulishly grand speech and that campy brilliant segue “And now for the weather. Tiffany?”

19. bush piglet says:

It was funny, really funny but best scene ever? I think theres better ahead. I thought there might be another scene to come that would be better than anything ever seen in TB before! Well maybe not for me but for a lot of folk anyway.

20. leanan sidhe says:

So far one of my very favorites!

21. leanan sidhe says:

I also loved the “catch me” and “you drank the whole fairy” scene.

22. leanan sidhe says:

I also love the “catch me” and “you drank the whole fairy” scene.

23. adischen says:

This scene is really in a very high list position. I just don’t know in which place yet. There are so many scence I could watch again and again however I think my favorite scenes was the first E/S sex dream.

24. Biilswoman says:

Jody, we know you are EL.
    That this was the best scene is EL song right now. They are so starved for good scenes with Eric, .. not so much scentid that they wanted him to have so finally something that smells like Eric and Sookie … To say that this is the best scene of TB is like to swear in church … How can you???

And we are there again … How can such a thing be written in a neutral site? Do you want have trouble between BL and El which scene is best .????.. Come on girls .. one day you say, you do not want the team fights and other days do you do such a thing … On a neutral site should not be attributed to such things. Not for Bill, and not for Eric.

This scene gave me nothing. Zero. Alscide was beautiful to watch. Eric has no body to talk about … a childish Eric bathed … what is so speciielt with that???

My Favorites
    1st When Bill smells of Sookie’s hair …
    2nd Virgin sex between Sookie and Bill
    3rd When Nan grabbed in Eric’s balls and pressed him against the wall ..
    4th Bill and Sookie in the hospital ..
    5 .. Veranda scene when Sookie came back ..

• Jody says:

OK, so this wasn’t your favorite scene. I was only asking if other people thought it deserved to be ranked as one of the best scenes, and if not, what THEIR favorite scenes are.

Thank you for listing your favorite scenes. As not just an Eric fan, but a fan of the ENTIRE show, I love to hear what everybody’s favorite scenes are.

• Biilswoman says:

Just look at the title of your article …
        I’m starting to see the polarization. If you write, the mass of EL answer and most of the BL stays outside to not fight. Not me .. lol

• ZZ says:

BW, take it easy… I’m a Bill fan but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy the
          lake scene, in fact, it’s one of my favorites. Jody was doing an opinion article, she just forgot the Fangirls Speak Out title. That’s all…
          However the lake scene is being commented all around the world. There’s nothing wrong in saying it’s one of the best scenes ever.

I’m sure the best True Blood scene is yet to come!

• Linda says:

I agree with your number 1 and number 2. I also would add in season 1 where Bill says Sookie’s name in Merlottes for the first time. I also loved Bill singing and playing the piano in Hard Hearted Hannah, and Terry hugging Bill after his speech at the Church.

• ZZ says:

By the way, the “Jody, we know you are EL”
      sounds really, really bad.

• Danielik25 says:

I think the 3rd was QSA, not Nan.

I think that possibly you are one of those who want to keep the BL/EL thing going. Jody asked EVERYONE’s opinion on this and if they didn’t agree, she asked them to post their favorite scene. I don’t see anything partial about this. I see this as a way to stimulate conversation on a subject. I notice another subject was done on the Bill/Portia situation. So what is the difference?

And about us being Starved for a good Eric scene. Well every scene Eric is in is good. He never disappoints his fans.

I don’t like to go here with this stuff, but it seems like every day the same group comes in with the insults. It gets old when people are just trying to have a friendly conversation about what they like….and it does not represent the Bill fandom in a good way. JMO

• KC says:

Hold on, because the best E/S scene is still to come;)

25. Mel says:

Thankyou soo much for posting this one :) love it, yep this would be my fav seen 2 date, well, maybe equal to the one where she sucks the bullets out of his chest ;)

• bush piglet says:

I thought that was really funny too Mel. The smirk on Erics face when Bill explained to Sookie about how Eric had tricked her into taking his blood.Sookie as furious as all get out. ” You are right Bill, I can sense her feelings…”

• Danielik25 says:

Yes, it was super, dying Eric and angry Sookie.

• Lizzie1701 says:

Manipulative Eric and stupid Sookie! I have no idea why anyone would like this scene. It was horrid.

Because Lizzie, it epitomizes who Eric is …unashamedly ruthless about getting what he wants. And that he grabs opportunity when it comes his way. Everyone in the tv audience knew Eric was full of sh*t and doing something bad , while Sookie was oblivious, that’s what made it funny. And then when she punched him “you big lying Ahole” “Bill ,you’re right I can sense her emotions”

I also liked that Bill made his point later about how he felt about what ERic had done. Lots of levels of different emotions make for good scenes.

I thought it was really well done. I also thought it was funny that they broke the “TV wall” , thats the only tinme they’re done this on TB I believe.

• Millarca says:

Manipulative Eric had just jumped in front of Sookie to protect her and taken bullets for her and possibly saved her life. That fact tends to be overlooked.

Sookie wasn’t stupid to do what Eric asked; it was an example of her tender hearted nature that Bill admired in her. She wasn’t happy about it, but she did it because she thought it was the right thing to do. I think that’s a great scene. The dark comedy is one of the things I’ve always loved about True Blood.

• KC says:

Yes, Eric was such an A-hole for taking those bullets to keep Sookie alive so he could trick her with his unbelievably bad acting and we’d get one of the best lines of the episode and one of my only lol’s of the night.

26. bush piglet says:

Like the bullet sucking scene too. Eric absolutely conning Sookie with no shame whatsoever. Sookie looking disgusted and Eric responding with the best line” You are right BIll, I can sense her feelings”. I love it when TB descends into black comedy.

27. laputain says:

Nah, it’s not the best scene, but I did LOLZ a lot. Basically all of Sparks Fly Out and Cold Ground are gold standard, but I also love the one in Timebomb when Sookie and Lorena are fighting and Bill is standing in the middle looking like a complete doofus, oooh I love it. Plus any scene when Bill and Eric are fighting/snarking. Oh and Bill hitting Lorena with the telly ;)

Just about any scenes with Eric/Bill really stand out. If they got rid of TB and created a tv show with just Eric and Bill, I’d totally be all over that! LOL!

28. ZZ says:

My fav scenes:

Bill/Sookie first time they meet at Merlotte’s
    B/S First Time
    Sookie sleeping, having a nightmare, Bill watching after her (ep 5)
    Graveyard Sex
    Lake scene with Eric and Alcide
    Jessica entering Merlotte’s and meeting Hoyt (season 2 ep 3)
    Bill/Sookie at the door of Sookie’shouse (when i have ever lied to you)
    Bill/sookie baby sitting Arlene’s children
    Bill healing Sookie after maenad attack
    Pam “maybe I wear too much pink” while speaking to LAf.

Ok I better stop!

29. Danielik25 says:

I love Eric´s flashbacks, scenes with Godric, Pam and Talbot . Really good are Eric – Bill scenes and I like Sookie´s second dream with Eric and their first kiss with Pam on the end.

30. latbfan says:

I’m a sucker for “I can smell the sunlight on your skin” and Bill standing watch outside the house with Sam (as the dog) the night before Gran’s funeral.

And I also love Lorena sweeping down the hallway in Dallas, her fangs clicking down as she heard Bill and Sookie.

But I loved how playful the swamp-scene was. Sookie’s a dolt for being annoyed rather than enjoying two fine specimens of maleness posturing over her…

yeah, the “Smell the sunlight on your skin” scene pretty much told me I was going to be obsessed with this show for as long as it lasted. *sigh*

And Escape From Dragon House pretty much solidified it. That’s practiallly a perfect TB eppy IMO

31. konfettii says:

This is absolutely one of my favorites! I love to laugh, so my favorites are always the humorous scenes:

The entire ‘I am the God who comes’ scene. So far, nothing has knocked this off the pedestal for me. I watched that so many times I can’t count. When Andy raises those branches behind Jason’s head to give him horns…I lose it every time.

Pam and Eric audtioning the dancers (I know this was one of those added scenes, but still, HA!)

Russell/Bill/Talbot having dinner at the King’s mansion. Oh. My. Goodness.

Bullet sucking. Eric’s horrible ‘acting’ like he was dying, complete with the dramatic flop to the ground was too much!

32. Lizzie1701 says:

The Lake scene was OK – a bit of fluff. By the way – lots of reviews saying that scene between Bill and Sookie on the porch was riveting and electric and with some of the best writing ever done on the show – the acting of both Stephen and Anna was 5 star excellence! Great reviews as some reviewers understand the meaning of that scene.

I love mostly Bill scenes, but did like it when Eric got involved with Marnie – yo could see the terror in his face and eyes and then go blank. Well done.

I love all S1 B/S scenes, especially:
    when she saves him – the convo is great.
    I love the “Sookie” moment;
    when Bill tries to glamour Sookie and his confusion;
    When Bill says he can smell the sunlight in her hair
    The ensuing kiss
    When Bill is comforting Sookie whilst everyone is downstairs after Gran dies
    Bill and Sookie’s first time,

All Bill and Sookie sex scenes – ep 1 S2 was great as was the pillow talk ep2 S2

Babysitting Arlene’s kids
    The porch scene from ep 4 s4

It just goes on!

33. Jazz says:

This was an ah-amazing scene! I will always appreciate a naked showdown between two attractive men and Eric yelling “krokodile” never ceases to crack me up! But no scene yet, despite my replay of Alcide/Sookie goodbye on her crusty porch last season, has topped the Laffy AIDS burger scene in season 1.

34. Sassle says:

The pond is in my top 5 for sure, others are:

- When Bill walks in Merlottes for the first time, and you feel as if all the air is sucked out of the room. Whenever the titles roll I always get that feeling from ‘Bad Things’ – “When you walked in the air went out….” Just reminds you how I got so hooked :)

- All the times Sook was first lusting after Bill in S1, I just loved that tension and, of course, the release of that tension in front of the fireplace…

- When Jason tells Rev. Steve Newlin he found heaven inside his wife. Ah, excellent.

35. Biilwomen says:

Why? Jody said that she is a team of Eric …

• Leif says:

I may get flagged or devoweled for saying this -but really Biilswoman calling Jody out for being Team Eric? So fucking what? Why are you so bothered by that? Any mention of something positive relating to Eric – and you cry foul and unfair play. Geez.

ZZ is team Bill, Liv is team Bellefluer. T

Honestly having a variety amongst the admins/writers makes for a better site for all the fans of True Blood.

You sound bitter. Get over it.
      It was a great scene. It was a great episode, and I’m sure there will be alot of great moments yet to come for all our favorite characters.

• Biilwomen says:

Calm down, Leif! It was the answer to ZZ who thought it was wrong to write that Jody is EL. But she said it several times and I do not think it is wrong ….
        My first reaction was on the title to this article. as one might have perceptions that it was the opinion for the sites. After that, it has changed and now reflects a fan girls opinions. It is quite something else. Ok …
        Similarly, I responded, when Jody wrote about some spoiliers and showed 8 pictures of Alex and one of Stephen … Then it was changed … This is very important at a neutral site I think positive criticism helps the sites to be even better … Be happy that I care .. if all do not care what is written … it’s a bad score for the site .. .. so peace and love, Leffe! It is a nickname for Leif in Swedish …

36. Jody says:

A few more of my favorite scenes:

Andy & Jason in his truck loading up on carbs and talking about how “easy” it is for Jason to get women. (“I work out like a M-Fer, and I watch a lot of porn to learn stuff.)
    Jason & Sookie’s talk in Dallas – Ryan Kwanten made me cry in that scene. It was sweet, funny and a little sad (talking about how they miss Gran)
    Any time Lafayette shows his swagger.
    Terry Bellefleur hearing he’s going to be a daddy.
    Jessica walking into Merlotte’s for the first time.
    Eric ripping apart Royce in the Fangtasia basement.

Some more of my favorites:

Lafayette’s “aids burger” scene(I miss his feistiness!)
    Jessica and Arlene alone in the restaurant and Arlene reminding Jessica she has on silver jewelry and takes garlic pills…lol
    Bill “moonwalking” out of Jason’s house.
    The Sam and Bill almost sex scene…that was strangely erotic…lol
    The Bill/Lorena torture scene…..Lorena actually made me feel sorry for her. Well acted.
    As others, the bullet-sucking scene….love Eric’s cockiness in this.
    Eric’s “Is their blood in my hair” and “I said I was sorry Pam” scenes. Hilarious!
    Franklins cell phone scene…hilarious!

38. iamtrue2bill says:

The “I can smell the sunlight on your skin” scene will always be #1 with me, I guess. Nothing has ever come close. I was glamoured right then, and have never waned or wandered.
    I also loved the confession of love scene and the hot sex afterward in S2 E1.
    As far as non-romantic scenes, the church scene with Bill & Gran greeting the people after Bill’s talk. It was great seeing Terry, Hoy & Maxine, and Sam & Sookie. They were all so good!
    I love the scene with Eric in Bill’s bathtub, when he “asks a favor”.
    I loved both scenes of Bill and Eric with QSA. Great scenes – yahtzee anyone?
    The Eric/Talbot scenes were great.
    And of course Bill in the strip club was outstanding – both he and the actress were perfect!

39. Heather7911 says:

OMG! I have so many. Here is my top 5 (in no particular order)

1. Bill and Sookie’s first time.
    2. E/G/S scene on the roof
    3. Sookie sucking bullets out of Eric’s chest
    4. Eric and Sookie’s love scenes
    5. The Eric/Sookie/Alcide scene at the lake.

I could list sooo many more. These are just the best 5 I thought of off the top of my head.

40. Rina says:

My favorite scenes:
    1) Bill and Sookie make-up love scene in S2 E1
    2) Sookie meeting Eric and Pam in Fangtasia for the first time
    3) Godric death scene
    4) Sookie sucking bullets out of Eric’s chest
    5) Sookie’s first dream with Eric and Lorena
    6) Sam bringing Arlene’s kids to Fangtasia and speaking to Eric and Pam
    7) Eric’s “daydream” about Sookie in S3
    8) Bill saying “insanity comes with the job” and glamouring Marnie in S4
    9) Russell’s spine-ripping speech on TV
    10) Bill and Eric standing up to Nan
    11) All Sookie and Eric kisses and love scenes
    12) Bill and Sookie discussing trust on her porch when he wants to search her house