Alexander Skarsgård Featured in Elle UK: “Vanity is Suicide For an Actor”

By ZZ on Nov 3 2011 | 10 Comments »

alex skarsgard publications Alexander Skarsgård is featured in the December 2011 issue of Elle UK magazine. Here are some excerpts from the interview:

On fame and vanity: Skarsgård claims to be a reluctant heart-throb. He scrunches up his face at the label. “Euggggh. Of course it’s flattering, but I prefer compliments about my acting. There’s too much vanity in Hollywood. Vanity is suicide for an actor. Your creativity will die if you focus on looking good. It’s one of the main reasons I don’t look at gossip about me online.” Just to push him, I ask what he says to compliments about his chest and arms. “thank you?” he says, slightly desperately. He looks mortified.

On love, relationships and Kate Bosworth: Although their two-year relationship recently ended (neither will discuss why publicly, he says), he is convincing when rolling out the “we’re still good friends” platitude. “I’ve got nothing but love for her. She’s amazing, a great actress and person.” Is he happier single or in relationships? “If it’s right, love is amazing. I’ve been very happy in relationships, very miserable in relationships, very happy single. I’m not stressing about it, but I want to get married and have children. I come from a family with six younger siblings. I love kids. That day will come. I’ve got plenty of time.”

So you heard for yourself. Askars wants children and to get married. You can apply for a position by clicking here. Meanwhile, read the rest of the article by clicking the thumbnails below:

001 2T11S59QW5BP0XC publications 002 2T11S59QW5BP0XC publications

Source: suzitothefuture.tumblr.com

10 Responses to “Alexander Skarsgård Featured in Elle UK: “Vanity is Suicide For an Actor””

1. jody says:

He will help make beautiful babies one day. I love that he is more into recognition for his talent than his looks.

2. Jacqueline says:

He is a very handsome man, but I also enjoy his acting. I am not a fan of his because he looks good nude on a vampire show. Though it’s nice to look at but I love movies and tv. And I relate to characters more because of how they are portrayed. And I loved that quote “Vanity is suicide for an actor”. So I appreciate someone that can take the compliment but say I would rather be acknowledge for my acting than my looks. I’ve also always loved how he answers the more personal questions. The questions that aren’t really anyone’s business. The answer to if he was happier single or in a relationship was fantastic. And I think it’s wonderful he loves kids XD.

3. Lisa says:

It’s so easy to see how facinated you are with acting. It allows you to explore the different facets of you acting abilities and by doing so, you leave a lot of people happy and throughly entertained. The positive social effect you have on others must be very rewarding! I’m caught-up in this whirlwind called True Blood. Always anxious to see what you will present next on TB season 5 as well as on the big screen. Love cheering you on and wishing you the best with each acting endeavor. Keep up the great work! A lot of people love you! Your cuteness is just a bonus… a very tall handsome bonus ;) (Sorry, I just can’t help myself :) Happiness and success to you always!!

4. Leif says:

The whole package. How Swede it is. WIN.

5. sarah says:

Just have a good laughing by checking on the link to Santa ( like plenty of you girls lol )

6. cr says:

It wasn’t a bad interview, considering it was basically the same old: girlfriend questions that you know he’s not really going to give any dishy answer to, Leeds, nudity, etc.
    Jacqueline, I think if there was any doubt that he liked kids was put to rest by the way he interacted with the young actress from What Maisie Knew-he didn’t seem to mind her using him as her personal jungle gym or just goofing around with her.
    I do like the link to Santa!

7. hdgcat says:

okay, I just HAD to follow that link…LOL! hilarious!!

I can honestly say that it was his acting that drew me to him in season 2. Until then he was just a character on TB. There was so much in that season that let us know that yes, there was more to Eric Northman than we think. And I became fascinated by his scenes and his portrayal. I love his subtle way of acting and all the nuances he puts into his performance. That I now think he is absolutely gorgeous came later. It is icing on the cake. Hard to believe, but true…I swear!

I love that he is a little shy about accepting the sex symbol status. Just one more thing to love about him.

9. Mary says:

ZZ u rock! loved the santa link.. had to write.